By popular request and due to many uncertainties regarding the new Norwegian Ferjekort, we have below for you a small user manual with all the steps and details on the ordering process of the map created. As the system is further developed, changed and developed, updates and additions to this topic are required at regular intervals, which you may find at the end of this article.
The new Ferjekort in this form is valid since January 2019. All old maps have meanwhile lost their validity. In addition, since then you can not buy this practical new discount card on a ferry in Norway, but you have to order it before you start your journey. Note that this will only be sent by post when your prepaid account is charged. To play it safe, you should order your personal Ferjekort at least 14 days before the start of the journey. The card itself costs 50 NOK, which will be deducted after depositing your credit. This amount you usually save as a rule already with the first crossing in Norway as a discount. How much can be saved with the card shows you this screen printout from our own Ferjekort customer account:
- The card is a prepaid card, similar to the well-known mobile cards or credit cards that have to be charged before (!!) with a credit. You then pay for your ferry crossing on the spot from your deposited balance and you need it so slowly. As long as you do that, you'll get the attractive discounts (more details on fares and discounts on the ferries are provided in this article about the ferries in Norway ) until the card is empty or you just have your "Ferjekort account" with a new one Refill the transfer.
- To prevent irritation: The service provider and agent of the new Ferjekort is since 2019 the Norwegian toll company AutoPass, which is also responsible for the collection and billing of tolls in Norway. In the medium term, the toll systems and the Ferjekort will and will be linked more closely. Currently (2019) but it is still NOT necessary or condition that you also have the chip or an agreement on the toll with / by AutoPass. So you can order only the Ferjekort, which for many travelers currently (September 2019 / see also our update at the end of the article) also quite enough or makes sense. Or you are registered for billing the toll with EPC and uses only the product Ferjekort from AutoPass. That too is possible. More about toll in Norway we have shown in detail in this post.
- Some ferries only accept AutoPass Chip / Brikke automatic payment (also called "day") and then only give the corresponding discounts from the agreement you have for the toll. Others do not accept the Chip / Brikke nor the Ferjekort - here the full price is always payable. An up-to-date overview on which ferry connections you can save in which way can be found here on this overview page of AutoPass Ferjekort.
- For rental vehicles: Sign up in time for our below instructions and use temporarily your private license plate. Once you have your rental mobile home, you can then change the license plate in your customer account accordingly.
- If you no longer need the Ferjekort and there are still funds in your account, then you can terminate the agreement at any time without notice and get the remaining balance paid back. Only the one-off 50 NOK costs for the card will be deducted from your first credit. Just send an e-mail to the contact address (at the bottom of the Ferjekort homepage, if you are logged in). After about 30 days and an intervening monthly change, according to feedback from many readers, your remaining balance will be returned.
We hope that the following overview and the individual steps will bring a little light into the darkness and make the order a little easier for you.
- Open the website: www.autopassferje.no
- The website should now open and you can select the >Klikk her for å opprette avtale nå" .
- Now you will be asked for the type of customer. Since you are probably traveling privately in Norway, please select the option " Private"
- Then you have to confirm the terms and conditions to get to the next step.
- At this point, the mobile phone number must be entered, in order to receive a code via SMS, which must be entered in the field " Verifiserungskode ". After this confirmation, you will then be forwarded.
- Now, your personal information, starting with your date of birth, will be queried. If you have filled out everything you get with the click on " Neste" to the next window.
- Now you can check your data again. If you notice an error, you can simply change the data by clicking on the pen. Everything is right? Then it goes on with the details / details to the vehicle.
- The first field must contain the country of approval. In the second field, the number plate without hyphen (!!!) in and in the last field, the class in which the car falls. Our van is 6 meters, so we choose class 1 with 8 meters. With " Legg til" you finally confirm your information.
- So almost made: In this window you see your entered data and also automatically the number of your car pass - chip if you also have a contract for the toll roads to get discounts there. More details can be found here .
- However, you currently do not necessarily have a chip from AutoPass for the Norwegian toll to acquire the Ferjekort ud and can - as already described - the field "AutoPASS brikkenummer" also leave blank . Update September 2019: The payment on the ferries is now massively switched to automatic payment with the Chip / Brikke of AutoPass. In this respect, it really makes sense to register there for the toll and then to own both the chip and the Ferjekort of AutoPass. (See also the last section of this article)
- Now you select the " Nytt Ferjekort" and confirm with " Lagre" your input. The point we find a bit confusing, but it makes perfect sense. On some ferries you can already - as with the toll roads - just drive up to the ferry and the amount due is obtained by invoice. Unfortunately, the discount you receive on this way or with the chip is less than the discount that you currently receive directly with the Ferjekort. Therefore you should not use the chip on these ferries but submit your Ferjekort. The Norwegians are currently working hard on a unified system that will probably be introduced next year.
- The last mouse clicks: You see your order on the screen with the note that the card will be sent to you once you have transferred your balance (in the example) of NOK 3500. By clicking on " Neste" you can still choose how you want to get your billing. We have chosen the convenient e-mail account, especially as additional fees are due for postal delivery.
- With the next click you have completed the ordering process and you should see the ferry actually put down on your monitor, you have done everything right 🙂
- Note on the transfer of your credit : In order to save the fees (some are probably around 20, - Euro) at the bank for a foreign transfer, simply choose the normal SEPA transfer and determine the amount to be paid with a currency converter. We always round up the equivalent amount in euros to be sure and to have no further expense if the exchange rates fluctuate.
- In your e-mail inbox you should now have received a welcome e-mail and the invoice for the due balance.
IMPORTANT: The card will not be sent until the funds have been credited to your account. This usually takes about a week. From here on, only your contract is valid. Should your account no longer have any credits during the journey, the contract with the Ferjekort will also expire.
If, on the other hand, you still have credit and do not need it in the foreseeable future, you can also cancel the card by e-mail to the contact address of AutoPass Ferjekort and then receive the balance back.
Now we wish you a good tour through the beautiful Norway, beautiful crossings with the ferries in the country and a good feeling, that you have saved your holiday fund by a considerable amount ...
As already announced and foreseeable, the system of tolls and payment on the ferries will be increasingly centralized, unified and automated. All Ferjekort users, who previously used only the card without the Chip / Brikke for the toll of AutoPass, have received an email. In it it is announced that more and more ferries are switched to automatic payment with the chip / Brikke. In this respect, it is strongly advised that from next year also the chip / Brikke of AutoPass is to be used in order to continue to receive attractive discounts in connection with the Ferjekort. You then no longer pay with the Ferjekort, but the chip / Brikke, which is otherwise used for recording the transits at the toll stations, then serves as a means of payment on the ferries and is there or at the driveway to the ferry only scanned ,
The goal is to be able to use all roads and ferries in Norway at any time without individual payment, and the automatically registered or used routes and ferry connections will then be billed. The good thing about it: Until further notice, you can now save even more, because with the scanning of the chip / Brikke only the vehicle is detected and no longer the number of passengers, for which one has previously paid extra.
How the whole thing works and looks like we saw on a ferry for the first time last week, when the cashier was just running around and scanning the AutoPass Chips / Brikkes in the cars. The crossing itself then appeared with the corresponding discount in our Ferjekort customer account. So it works ...
If you need or want to order the chip (also called "Brikke") from AutoPass for the electronic recording and billing of your toll and for the future payment on the ferries in Norway in addition to the Ferjekort, we have for you in this article to the AutoPass Chip also documents important information and instructions for ordering.
Please feel free to leave us a comment if you have any further questions, would like to tell us something or just want to share your experiences with our readers.